Saturday 19 March 2011

Do you have a phobia of Hospitals? No, I'm just ill

So it's been a while since the last post. However alot has happened since then. Dissertation finished, and managed to lose that massive hockey game but life most certainly goes on. Followed it up with a huge wednesday night out, and I'll just go into a bit of detail as to what that night entailed. Began with a pre-lash at a friend's house and that got slightly out of hand, in the way that by the time everyone else arrived to start drinking we were absolutely car parked. So that started well, no idea what happened on the night out itself, some recollection of time with a few friends but nothing definitive. I do however remember going outside to find a friend unable to walk/talk/drink anymore (disappointing) and decided to help her out. The police were already on scene and called an ambulance which to be fair turned up incredibly quickly. Jumped in there with her to look after her and make sure she got home ok after the A&E trip. So got there and she had a great sleep for a few hours during which time I sobered up quite nicely and made a few friends. This unfortunately took a turn for the worse when I had a sit down, and the most pathetic cups of water you'll ever see, of which you have to have about 6 to get a mouthful. I began to actually pour with sweat, went completely ghost white and maybe fainted, don't actually remember. I'm sure I was unconscious at some point because theres a big blank spot. The great line from a nurse of "Do you have a phobia of Hospitals?" , with my reply "No.... I'm just ill". I'll carry out my own diagnosis don't worry love. They then checked me in, gave me a wristband and put me in my own hospital bed so I was no longer sharing my friend's. I was being fed liquid glucose and had a couple of blood tests, did a bit of sleeping and tried to walk around a bit which was quite unsuccessful. I saw a girl in the A&E waiting room who was there with her brother or boyfriend, I knew her.. but no longer remember who she was, so if that was you, let me know. They eventually found me a section to put me, and I was hooked up to a drip by about lunchtime on the Thursday, 2 hours on the drip, a plain cheese sandwich and a terrible cup of tea later, and they discharged me :) The only souvenirs I have is the wristband they admitted me with, and an unbelievably sore throat which comes and goes depending on how many strepsils I can fit in my mouth at once. I don't make a habit of going to hospital, but considering I wasn't ill when I got there, I have to say it's a convenient place to be if you do have something wrong with you! For all you "wasting the NHS' time" people, it was more down to the half a bowl of pasta and bottle of lucozade I had all day as opposed to the alcohol I drank, although that may not have helped. So an eventful time, the sun is out, and I'm going to try not to waste my day!

Sitting on my bed playing guitar, This is the life.... more work soon

No comments:

Post a Comment