Friday 11 March 2011

A Bit Nutty

I've not said much about myself in these posts so far, and it might be difficult for people who don't know me who might read this in years to come to understand half the stuff I go on about. So I'll split this into sections and work from there.

Home - Home for me is a wonderful place called Cornwall. Cornwall has been portrayed quite differently to how it actually is... for example -
Cornwall is always sunny (massive lie)
Cornish people are friendly and say hello to strangers (lie)
You can leave your house and car unlocked in Cornwall and noone will break in/steal anything (lie)
Everyone speaks like a farmer (partly true... I'm joking it's a lie)
Despite all this rubbish that's been made up I still absolutely love Cornwall, and it's the sort of place everyone wants to live, apart from people in Devon, but why you'd want to live in Devon I do not know, maybe you'd fit in better with your 3rd arm... (inbred joke, note the intensity).

Family - My sister works in London doing something to do with people on crack getting jobs, quite interesting if you can be bothered to listen to her. My brother lives and works in Hanoi, Vietnam. He was involved in a restaurant but now he does some managerial stuff, or that's what he tells my Mum to keep her sane. My Mum has just retired (early.. slacker), and went to Egypt with my Stepdad (also slacker) within about 2 weeks of retiring, so it's a hard life all round... remember Instant Noodles from Tesco, I doubt they're part of the all inclusive cruise meal, living the high life whilst I suffer. and my Faja (Dad), he's always moving around, he was in 'Nam with my Brother, hence why my brother is there, not your first choice destination unless there's work. He's now in KL (Kuala Lumpur for people who want to pretend they've been there alot), and that's in Malaysia, more work there, he manages mining projects all over the world, so big money. You're probably expecting me to say I mix my noodles with caviar... but Dad wants me to work hard to earn money (he's failing I'm at Uwic).

Me - I possess an amazing/useless ability to remember song lyrics, I don't know why or how but I can sing along to pretty much any song as long as I've heard it two or three times. I can walk on my hands which I taught myself to do in the month I should have been revising for 1st year exams. I taught myself to play the guitar over last summer and picked it up really quite quickly, I'm no Eric Clapton but I could definitely keep everyone entertained around a fire on a beach in the summer (I cannot wait to do this). Although I was told by a nice chap called Jamie Snook that all the girls love you for it, but you're hated by every boy there (tragic). I play hockey and have more little injuries than Jonny Wilkinson and Ledley King put together. Metabolism is high at the moment which means I eat what I want and don't get fat, that'll soon leave me... I will end up something along the lines of Rik Waller crossed with Jack Johnson crossed with Richie Rich (from the film) crossed with someone who can walk on their hands as their only talent...

For all of you who think I take up hours writing this stuff, I once did a typing test on the internet (because that's exactly what cool people do with their time) and calculated I can type about 85 words a minute, which meant I should really have finished my dissertation within about 2 hours of starting.. not the case.

Sitting in a chair, not in bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment